Downgrade Shopify to use API instead

2 0 0

We have built a brand new site using the API to integrate the products via the `buy-button-storefront.js` library. The store has been running for about 3 years on the shopify hosted myshopify but this is now essentially redundent. We would like downgrade to Shopify Lite to remove the shopify hosted version of the store but keep the checkout pages, which are now running on a subdomain. 

From what I understand, this is possible but I would like to understand exactly what will be lost in the way of features if this is done. Specifically, the new site uses hooks to push changes to collections and products from Shopify into the the CMS powering the new website, so those still need to work. We would like to retain all current data with previous sales, products already setup and the custom theme (this isn't in use now but would like to keep it stored for the future) etc. Will anything get removed as part of the downgrade?

Many thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 34 90

Hi @manofsteel ,

As far as I know everything you mentioned will still be possible on the Lite plan as there are no differences in API access (aside from an online store not existing).  I would suggest talking to Shopify Support in the process of your downgrade and confirming that the features you require are still useable as they are the best versed in plan differentiators.

Cheers,

Ryan

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for the response @Ryan however I already spoke directly to support, and they told me to post on here since they didn't know the answer 100%.... I just wanted to be sure that I could still use the full API and wouldn't loose any historical data or any of the existing products by downgrading.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 34 90

Understood, to my knowledge the only things that would be restricted is the ability to publish products to the online store, or manipulate pages on the online store (as it is not included in the lite plan).  There would be no changes to existing data or products.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes