Embed react app into shopify theme

Highlighted
3 0 1

I am trying to create a shopify store to sell custom t-shirts . I am hoping to use an existing theme from the shopify theme store so i don’t have to code up a home page, FAQ page, cart page, etc. I will however need one custom page that is not in a theme. I have developed this page as a React app. This page allows users to design what they want on the t-shirt.

1)What is the best approach to integrate my react app into an existing storefront theme? Essentially I want to embed this app inside a product page of the theme. Is a script tag or App proxy the correct approach?

2)How can I have a user add their completed t-shirt design to the cart from with my react app? I want to eventually link back to the theme's cart page.

3)The completed t-shirt design will be jpg/png. How can I add this image to the order so that I can later retrieve it from the Admin panel or shopify API (for printing after checkout is completed)?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hello John

I've been responsible for developing couple of React-only storefronts.

Shopify offers a toolkit called Slate for developing themes and on top of that there is a theme called slate-react-starter that you cand find from here: https://github.com/liron-navon/slate-react-starter

I've been developing the themes on React only and using AJAX to make the cart changes etc, however with that method you can seamlessly run the Liquid templating and initialize React on templates where necessary.

Hope it was help for you

Peep

0 Likes
3 0 1

Hi Peep. I am just trying to embed a react app inside a page of the storefront. I want to use an existing theme, so it will not be a React-only storefront. I mainly want to know the proper way to load a react app inside an existing theme. Thanks.

0 Likes