Embeded Shopify App (using Node, React and Polaris) renders in dev store and then disappears!

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm going through this great tutorial to build a shopify app with node, react and polaris! I love it.

Anyway I'm in the dev store > Apps > 

And my app renders but then disappears.

I suspect it might be ngrok as I am getting that error a few times. See pic below.

Any help would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2019-07-10 13.08.37.png

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5 1 1

Hi! Thanks for trying out the tutorial, sorry you're having issues. Try double checking the code from the Add Shopify App Bridge step in the guide, specifically the line that adds shopOrigin to the App component's state in step 3. You could also try hardcoding this with your shop as a string (like my-shop.myshopify.com) to see if you still get the error.

1 Like
4 0 0

That seems to have worked! However There is a deprecation warning though: 

Deprecation: Using `apiKey` and `shopOrigin` on `AppProvider` to initialize the Shopify App Bridge is deprecated. Support for this will be removed in v5.0. Use `Provider` from `@shopify/app-bridge-react` instead. For example, `import {Provider} from '@shopify/app-bridge-react';`

And as I remember I deferred to the warning, which caused my problem. Do you have any insight to the warning?

Thank you so MUCH Tyler!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Also in Add Shopify App Bridge it mentions:

Shopify App Bridge is a JavaScript library that seamlessly integrates your app into Shopify user interfaces, including the web admin, mobile app, and POS

What does POS refer to?

Thanks again!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5 1 1
Glad it's working! You'll still be able to use it as is for the time being,
but we will update the guide to use the Provider soon.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 35 90

@718cloverdale wrote:

Also in Add Shopify App Bridge it mentions:

Shopify App Bridge is a JavaScript library that seamlessly integrates your app into Shopify user interfaces, including the web admin, mobile app, and POS

What does POS refer to?

Thanks again!!!

Shopify Point of Sale

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes