Enable Fulfillment Service Inventory Management Using GraphQL

GElder185
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello,

We've set up a custom integration with Shopify using the 2020-01 GraphQL API that creates a fulfillment service to receive fulfillment order requests to create orders in our warehouse. This is all working nicely, but the missing piece is I haven't found a way to enable inventory_management for the fulfillment service we create. I've combed through the documentation, but neither the create or update mutation options allow us to set this property. Am I missing something or is this just not possible using the GraphQL API yet?

Additional note: Our initial tests to integrate with Shopify had us using the REST API where we found creating the fulfillment service with this property enabled worked. This allowed us to utilize the fetch_stock.json feature to keep our inventory up to date. The only reason we aren't still doing things this way is that we'd prefer to consistently use a GraphQL solution for our whole integration if possible.

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 141 185

Hey @GElder185 

Have you experimented with FulfillmentServiceCreate?

0 Likes
GElder185
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi @SBD_,

Yes. That is actually the mutation we're using to create the fulfillment service in the first place. The problem is that there is no way to set the inventoryManagement property to "true" upon creation and the FulfillmentServiceUpdate doesn't give you the ability to update this property either. Is there some other way to set the inventoryManagement property on a fulfillment service using the GraphQL API?

0 Likes