Enable WebView debugging in POS

Sam_Larkin
3 0 0

I am developing an app for POS and I am trying to enable WebView debugging after the update last week.

I used to do it this way:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Developing-POS-app/td-p/585592

however since the update I can't find the 'WebView Debugging' setting

0 Likes
awwdam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 10 4

Hey @Sam_Larkin

Just wanted to send a quick reply here. I was able to reach out and chat with our Developer team, who confirmed that WebView Debugging was recently added as a feature to the most recent release of Shopify POS for Android. There is no longer an on/off toggle for this feature, as with prior versions, and has been enabled by default where available. 

-  Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
policenauts
Trailblazer
184 8 41

@awwdam can you please be more specific? I am using Android POS 4.5.0 and this feature no longer works. 

0 Likes
awwdam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 10 4

Hey @policenauts,

Just took a look on the Google Play Store, and the most recent version of Shopify POS for Android is 4.6.0 - an update should do the trick!

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Sam_Larkin
3 0 0

It does appear that it has been enabled for some areas, When I go to log in I can open the debugger on the log in screen. However, when I go open one of my App's screens there is no debugger option for it.

0 Likes
awwdam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 10 4

Hey @Sam_Larkin, can you DM me two screenshots showing where these functionalities differ depending on where you are? With this I can get better idea of what you are seeing and would be happy to take a closer look.

0 Likes