Error 429. , Too Many Requests. when creating products

Solved
Kamal_Berriga
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

While trying to create products over my store using a private app.At some point  , I launched the script that creates products but without making a sleep between requests, as a consequence I got the 429 error .

After a while i tested again but it generates the same error. (429)

The value of my http_x_shopify_shop_api_call_limit = 1/42

I'm not sure why i'm still getting the same error

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
965 80 205

Here are some details about this topic --> https://shopify.dev/concepts/about-apis/rate-limits. As for me, rather than dynamically reading the response headers I just hard-code the pessimistic API call limit and sleep based on that. 

0 Likes
Kamal_Berriga
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

HI 

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
965 80 205

Have you checked to see if your API credentials associated with this particular Shopify shop are being used by another process? If so, then that process might be also counting against the API call limit. If you've checked that and don't see anything then I'd suggest posting a request ID from the header of one of the 429 API responses. A Shopify staffer can look into it.

0 Likes
Kamal_Berriga
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

This was a private app and it is used only by me ,

"the header of one of the 429 API responses. A Shopify staffer can look into it." : can you please be more specific about this , i'm not sure what does it mean.

Thank you .

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
965 80 205

This is an accepted solution.

Okay, in one of the API responses that come back from Shopify with the 429 error...each response has HTTP headers. If you look at the headers you will see one that is the X-Request-Id. Post that value that includes the Request ID. Shopify staff who monitor this community page can look up what's going on on their end.

0 Likes
Kamal_Berriga
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

Okay Thank you Greg_kujawa 

0 Likes