Error: New schema is incompatible with the current setting value. Invalid type value for block '1528058345452'. Type must be defined in schema

rmfarrell
Shopify Partner
7 0 5

I am getting this error when trying to save a liquid template. There was a schema but I removed. I removed every instance it. I removed everything but this, and I can't get this error to go away. I'm also too dense to figure out how to track down block 1528058345452.

here is my code FWIW

<div class="wrapper">
  <div class="intro">
    <h2>{{section.settings.title}}</h2>
    {% include 'social-links' %}
  </div>
  <div data-instagram-feed></div>
</div>

rmfarrell
Shopify Partner
7 0 5

To answer my own question, I had to go into the Shopify admin panel and edit the code there. config/settings_data.json did not fit the schema and Slate did not allow me to update any code after that.

I think the error message should be more clear, since I'm working locally, so the invalid setting was invisible to me.

Scott_Stadt
Shopify Partner
1 0 10

I ran into this issue as well and thought I would share my experience and resolution:

This was triggered for me by another developer updating the section schema for the file that was triggering the error in a way that was incompatible with the old schema. Once I resynced with the production theme the file could no longer be uploaded to my theme because of the incompatability.

My resolution was to delete all the content blocks within the section through the admin. Since the incompatibility was entirely within those blocks, once they were expunged from settings_data.json the file in question no longer threw an error when attempting to upload to my theme.

If you feel comfortable doing so, deleting the entried directly in settings_data.json should work as well per the resolution given by the OP.

Aravindan
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

This help a lot thanks

0 Likes
emilioramirez
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you! I had no idea how to resolve this before your answer.

0 Likes

This is perfect. Thank you for posting the solution. This resolved it for me also. I would have never found a solution without this answer. I was not able to duplicate my theme files before. Now they're working normally.

0 Likes
JoneySpark
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Thanks a lot. It's really helpful for me. Deleting those blocks then I'm able to create a new schema.

0 Likes
Daniel-Anverso
Tourist
7 0 2

In my case, I want to build a Dynamic Block template, I get the Error when I use: {% when 'custom-name' %}
I delete all blocks in the Customize Theme and then I could define the block.type ... 

I spend days looking for the solution, I hope this answer will help.

odd
1 0 0

Thanks dude that worked for me^^

0 Likes

perfect

0 Likes