Event API not firing cancelled orders events

Shopify Partner
4 0 1

As referenced here, I (and others) would also like to know the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

event api still not working ,  return confirmed status only

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm looking for answer for this too - the API docs state nothing about the current lack of functionality, as right now only 'confirmed' order events are currently returned. Asking the API for any of the parameters such as 'filter' or 'verb' does nothing and returns an empty array.

0 Likes
3 0 0
you can use webhook api and set callback url to receive product and
order notifications
it's works!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1
While that may be true, webhooks are only part of the solution. As it says in the webhooks docs: (https://help.shopify.com/en/api/getting-started/webhooks)

“Your app should not rely solely on receiving data from Shopify webhooks. Since webhook delivery is not always guaranteed, you should implement reconciliation jobs to periodically fetch data from Shopify.”

This is why it’s so important to have the correct data coming back from the event API. You should be implementing a multifaceted approach to ensure that your data is correct. Without accurate and complete data, you can’t confidently perform whatever task it is that you’re doing.
0 Likes
2 0 1

I had received a response back in February 2019) from Shopify support explaining that the following verbs were exposed:

• confirmed
  • create
  • destroy
  • update
  • published
  • unpublished

and the following comment "There is some internal discussion around exposing all verbs in /admin/events.json but the path forward is still unclear. In the mean time other events will need to be accessed through /admin/orders/id/events.json" which made me conclude that the event API was simply not usable.

0 Likes