Event API not firing cancelled orders events

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

I have testing out the Events API and more specifically events related to orders. Not all verbs specified in the API docs seem to trigger an event. I can get the "confirmed" orders events but don't get the "cancelled" ones.

/admin/events.json?filter=Order only gives me "confirmed" order events, never cancelled ones. If i probe a specific order with /admin/orders/#{order_id}.json, i do get the details of the order and it shows rightfully as cancelled.

Am i missing something in the way i use the events API? Is there an option that maybe filter out the "cancelled" events?

One more thing, the events API specifies that events are not created realtime, so i did wait for a good hour after the actual "cancel" action, but still not "cancelled" event.

Thank you for you help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
297 32 71

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for bringing this up. 

Events which have a verb property of "cancelled" are currently not exposed in the "admin/events.json" endpoint.

We're in the process of re-evaluating this endpoint to see which events are being excluded, and if it makes sense to include them in the list. The event verb "comment" is another one under consideration.

I'll be sure to update you in this thread once it's determined if the endpoint will get revamped.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for your answer.

The API reference for events does list "cancelled" as a verb for order events. Is it possible to get a list of verbs that are actually exposed?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Could you also give me an estimate of when this re-evaluation will take place?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
297 32 71

Hey Thomas,

Unfortunately I don't have a timeline I can share, but I'll be sure to post in this thread as updates become available

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Zameer,

Could you at least share what other verbs for orders are not exposed at the moment?

This is the official list in the API documentation https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/events/event#orders

authorization_failure
authorization_pending
authorization_success
cancelled
capture_failure
capture_pending
capture_success
closed
confirmed
fulfillment_cancelled
fulfillment_pending
fulfillment_success
mail_sent
placed
re_opened
refund_failure
refund_pending
refund_success
restock_line_items
sale_failure
sale_pending
sale_success
update
void_failure
void_pending
void_success

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Zameer,

I would imagine that if you were able to tell me that cancelled and comment were 2 verbs under consideration to be exposed in the API, it would be easy enough to look up if the other verbs i listed were exposed or not.

Without telling me when the discussion about exposing these verbs or not will take place, could you tell me which other verbs from the documentation are currently not exposed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
297 32 71

Hey Thomas,

I'm waiting to hear back from our development team to see if there are any other events which may not currently be exposed.

I'll update you on this thread once I find out!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

+1 to this, having the similar issue. It will be helpful to update the documentation to include only the events that are exposed.

And for the future update, it will be great to have all events associated to an order timeline.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

+1

Same issue... we would love to have all order events (sub events too please) in one single call.

0 Likes