Exceeded maximum number of variants allowed

zhagan
Excursionist
16 1 0

what is the maximum number of variants in a product when make a creating product all ?

{"errors":{"base":["Exceeded maximum number of variants allowed"]}}

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
310 42 53

Hey @zhagan 

See our docs for additional information: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/variants/add-variants#considerations-for-adding-variants

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
zhagan
Excursionist
16 1 0

@Kevin_A  Thank for your reply.

Stores with 50,000 or more variants are subject to a daily rate limit for uploading variants by using an app or CSV file import. You can add up to 1,000 new variants in a day before the limit is reached. If you exceed this limit, then you see an error and you need to wait 24 hours before you can add variants by using an app or CSV file import. Plus stores are exempt from this limit.

I am a windows forms applicatoin developer.

I don’t understand the viewpoints of the above statement. I would like to confirm the following questions with you

1. there Is  a limitation on the number of variants only when a store exceeds 50,000 variants?

2. Befor a store reaches 50,000 variants, it is possible to upload  unlimited number of variants a day?

3. After a store has totally  more than 50,000 variants, there is  a limitation to upload 1000 variants a day?

4. what does "Plus stores are exempt from this limit" mean ?

0 Likes