Expose the timeline through an API?

Shopify Partner
71 1 32

Hi Shopify :),

I can see in order now that there is a super nice timeline. However I didn't find any way for an app to interact with this timeline. It would allow some nice usages, especially here are some things that would be good:

* Being able to set a message.

* Being able to add a button that would return to the app and be signed by Shopify.

Have a nice day :)

16 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 6

Hello Michael!

Thanks for posting : ) At the present time our API doesn't provide access to the timeline.  However, we may open this up at some point in the future to allow developes to build integrations as you mentioned above.  No ETA on when this may happen but keep an eye on our API page here:

https://docs.shopify.com/api

If access to timeline becomes available you'll find details on it there.

Thanks!

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
64 0 7

Another vote for seeing API for Timeline

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 3

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 0 88

Hey all,

This is something we are currently looking into.

Please subscribe to the API Announcement forums for upcoming announcements regarding new API functionality.

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

Yes, please add this to the API. Really surprised it's not available to developers!

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 5

Another vote for this!

After convincing my gf to switch over to Shopify POS I just realised that orders taken using that app only store the email address (when a receipt is sent to the customer) in the timeline and thus it's impossible to get at from an automation viewpoint.

With the (awfully dated) old application, at least the sent customer receipts got placed in the sent items of her mailbox so I could write code to parse them, extract the customer email and add to our mailing list.

Currently though with the POS app, it's back to manually copy and pasting.

Fingers crossed sometime for this comes soon!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Please add timeline access, especially the ability to post comments.

0 Likes