Exposed API for the new local delivery implementation?

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi there,

We have a mobile app service with many clients, many of which are interested in Shopify's new local delivery option.  However, when a store is configured solely for local delivery, any request to the Shipping_Zones admin endpoint returns a blank array, indicating that they have no shipping zones or options.  Additionally, any order created with the Storefront API also has an empty array for shipping options, even when an address supposedly located within the store's service region is provided.

Looking through the documentation I found no reference to anything related to Local Delivery.  I understand this is a new feature released recently to keep up with the changing times, but are there any plans to open this up to developers?  Or maybe something already exists and I just missed it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
630 16 197

Hi there @SandboxCommerce 

Great to hear you are looking to provide your clients with custom delivery options, based on how the first-party Local Delivery app is built. 

Currently the API is not publicly accessible, which is why there is no documentation available - but we are exploring how to open this up to our developer community. As you noted, this is a relatively new feature, and before we release this API, we want to ensure it supports the requirements of both partners and merchants. To keep updated on the release of this API, you can keep an eye on, and subscribe to, our developer changelog.  

I hope this helps!

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem too. 

Customers are keying delivery information into the local delivery remarks @ checkout, but I can't pass this value on to my delivery partner via api. 

Could you allow us to disable this field until the API for this is released?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Any update here?

0 Likes