Facebook Conversion API - only firing with Shopify for the purchase event

SabineMayerling
1 0 1

Hello everyone,

I (as well as a colleage of mine with a different account) do have the same issue:

We did setup the Conversion API on facebook for shopify - activitated the option "Maximum" in the data sharing settings on shopify for Facebook.

However, only the purchase event gets through via API - all other events do not come through.

I talked to Facebook who sent me to Shopify saying "thats an issue of Shopify". Shopify however could also not help me.

Does anyone know whats going on there and how to fix it?

Here a screenshot of what I am talking about - only the purchase event (in german: "Kauf") is coming through not only via browser but the server (API).

Conversion API.png

Thanks in advance,

Sabine

JaimeAndres
1 0 1

Hi Sabi, we are having the same issue, but actually using the facebook tool to check all the events works, not of them pops up (Page view, Add to Cart, Initiate Checkout, Purchase) . We used the Conversion API on facebook for shopify - activitated the option "Maximum" in the data sharing settings on shopify for Facebook as you did, but nothing comes back. If you have any idea to sort it out, please let us know, look forward to hearing from you soon.

JaimeAndres

DanTeaca
1 0 0

Same question here, guys. Is it something to worry about so much for now?

Been having the same question, as Sabine, and found no answer online. Does manually implement API on Shopify would work?

In Business Manager, I've used the partner integration method, since I got 0 knowledge of coding, or implementing code in my Shopify Theme. 

0 Likes
alexsaiz
Excursionist
29 0 12

I have the same issue. Any update on that? Thanks.

0 Likes
stephanie_1982
2 0 0

Hello! Currently Shopify is only sending the purchase event back to FB via the conversions API. I'm hoping they will update that at some point to include other events. 

However, I'm not able to get Shopify to even send Purchase events back to FB. And it's making my job really difficult. Shopify won't help me, they say post here. 

Can anyone help? 

Data sharing is already set to "Maximum" and Shopify says there is nothing else I should have to do...

0 Likes
alexsaiz
Excursionist
29 0 12

Thank you for your reply. However I have good news, Shopify is adding the other events by the end of the month. In fact, I am receiving more events since some days ago. That’s the email I received some days ago:

Starting June 30, 2021, the Conversions API will send additional events from your online store to the Facebook Ads Manager. These additional events include: Content viewed, Search, Item added to cart, Payment initiated, and Payment information added, which were previously sent through the Facebook pixel. These events can be used for advertising, is that it allows you to collect and share customer data from your online store for the segmentation, optimization and monitoring of Facebook advertising campaigns.

stephanie_1982
2 0 0

Oh great! So glad it's working for you. As of yet, it still isn't working for me. So I'm going to try a 3rd party app and see how that goes... 

0 Likes
etrolmos
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

@stephanie_1982 Shopify's change to use CAPI for other events besides purchases took effect June 30.

I currently see CAPI for other events. There shouldn't be a need to use a separate app now.

0 Likes
etrolmos
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Shopify staff: It would've been nice for Partners to receive that email too and a changelog post. We were working with a client recently just about that topic.

And the help docs haven't been updated, they still only purchase events: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/analyze-marketing/facebook-data-sharing#choos...

0 Likes