Facebook Pixel Purchase event missing deduplication parameters

darkelia19
3 0 0

I have integrated my Facebook pixel SOLELY through the Facebook App channel with and tested data sharing set at both 'ENHANCED' and 'MAXIMUM'

I am receiving the following error which is resulting in my pixel tracking many more purchases than I am actually receiving:

You're sending Purchase events through both your pixel and the Conversions API, but they're not being deduplicated properly because not enough of these events are receiving an event_id parameter. Event instances sent without an event_id parameter cannot be deduplicated.

Any ideas about how I could go about fixing this?
0 Likes

Hi @darkelia19 ,

Have you checked your events on the checkout page using Facebook Pixel Helper? It might be that there are 2 purchase events triggering and you simply need to delete one. 

However, duplicate conversions from Facebook can happen in many situations. For example, customers that refreshed the checkout page, clicked and/or viewed more than one ad in the attribution window and the list goes on... It's quite a known issue that makes it hard for you to really measure your advertising performance and ROAS accurately.

We developed on AdScale a report that helps you to eliminate the double conversions by connecting the conversion ID directly to the Shopify Order ID, and this can detect duplicate conversions on Facebook  & Instagram, or even cross-platform between Facebook & Google. This way you can get the real picture of your advertising performance!

Amit_Roznak1_1-1616415313961.png

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.
0 Likes
Shahrukhz
2 0 0

Hello,

Were you able to fix this issue ?

0 Likes