For security reasons, requests using HTTP Basic Authentication cannot include cookies POST,CURL

Notsileous
2 0 7

I have a group of PHP scripts that interact with a handful of stores that sell our product. I import the orders, update tracking, and feed our inventory. These are all private apps that only run on our server. 

Out of nowhere today, I started getting this error "{"errors":"For security reasons, requests using HTTP Basic Authentication cannot include cookies."}" when trying to use any POST requests (update tracking, inventory), I get this error.

I have no cookies that I am aware of, this is the CURL request for tracking:

$curl = curl_init();
            curl_setopt_array($curl,[
                CURLOPT_URL => $shopURL,
                CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER=>1,
                CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => 'POST',
                CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER=>array(
                    "Content-Type: application/json",
                    "accept: application/json"
                ),
                CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS=>$dataString
            ]);
            //perform request
            $result = curl_exec($curl);

Did something change? I can not find any changelog entries hinting at this, it just started for me around 11am EST 1/5/2020.

Nicholas_Piasec
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

Yes, I think I just started seeing this too around 11 a.m. The server is responding with a 301 (which our code follows implicitly) that takes you to a weird login page. I can see the same cookie message in Postman, but the cookies dialog is empty and as far as I'm aware, no cookies are being sent.

briant1
1 0 0

Me too, I ran a similar test with postman and have the same result. 

0 Likes
BBrands
2 0 1

Can confirm we're getting this as well as of approximately 11am EST

nouti
1 0 3

I just had a confirmation from a Shopify Plus support agent that there is an issue with Admin API since around 2 hours.

See attached chat capture :

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 18.24.13.png

Notsileous
2 0 7

Well thank god it is not just me, is there an outlet for reporting these issues?

ryantkelly
Tourist
10 0 5

I'm seeing it as well. The replies for Shopify Support on Twitter are lit up with this issue.

grwthgrp
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Happening for us as well.

0 Likes
Brad_Coates
Tourist
3 0 2

Yup, status page finally updated reporting this issue: https://www.shopifystatus.com

Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 237

This issue now appears on the Shopify status page --> https://www.shopifystatus.com/incidents. Definitely a kink in the Matrix.