Fulfill an order when every order's line items are fulfilled

Romée
5 0 0

Hello everyone,

I build scenarios on Integromat to link Shopify orders and a Trello board.

Each Trello cards is a line item. When I move a card in a specific list ("ready to be shipped"), it marks the line items as fulfilled on Shopify.
Is there a way to automatically fulfill the order and notify the customer once all the line items are fulfilled?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 87 165

Hey @Romée,

Once all items on the order are fulfilled, the fulfillment_status for the order should automatically update to fulfilled. Are you seeing something different?

With regards to e-mail notifications, this is controlled in your API call to fulfill the order. When you fulfill one or many items, you can send notify_customer:true to notify the customer that items have shipped. Fulfillment e-mails are sent only for the items included on that fulfillment, more details about that field can be found in our docs here

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Romée
5 0 0
Hi JB,
Thank you for your answer.
My API posts the fulfillment status for my line items. I didn’t check if the order is automatically update to fulfilled. I will.
I want my customer to be noticed only when the whole order is fulfilled not for every line items.
If Shopify update automatically the order, will it send the email at the same time?
If not do you know about a line in the api to send the email only after the last line items is fulfilled.
Hope it makes sens :)
0 Likes