Fulfill and Order via API and NOT send an email to the customer

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello Wonderful person!

We are using ruby shopify API to mark digital order items fulfilled (but do not want to send the email to the customer when this happens)

def mark_order_items_fulfilled(order, items_id)
fulfillment_hash = {
order_id: order.id,
line_items: items_id.map { |id| { id: id } },
tracking_number: nil,
notify_customer: false,
location_id: location_id
}
ShopifyAPI::Fulfillment.new(fulfillment_hash).save!
end
The 'Your order is on it's way' is still being sent

I understood from the docs that setting notify_customer to false would prevent this

Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
486 42 106

Hi @stuforge,

Do you have any examples for this? An order or fulfillment ID would work, but best would the X-Request-ID response header Shopify provides in response to the API call.

You are correct that notifications should not be sent.  

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I have a staging order id 1718475915352 unfortunately I don't have the request id

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Do Shopify staff have a policy of only replying once? This is literally like the 30th thread I've seen where Shopify responds one time, then never does again.  *sigh*

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
486 42 106

@spotnyk wrote:

Do Shopify staff have a policy of only replying once? This is literally like the 30th thread I've seen where Shopify responds one time, then never does again.  *sigh*

There is no policy for me, since replying to forums isn't part of my job - just something I do to try and help out developers when possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

That's nice of you.

So, does this mean that it's simply not your job, or that it is technically no one from Shopify's job?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
486 42 106

There are support teams that work in the forums, but I don't know their mandate or policies as I'm not directly involved.  I was only speaking for myself in this case.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
254 15 53

@Ryan if you can please see if someone can assist me with a similar issue I'd very much appreciate it. Basically running into a brick wall. And I've worked with the REST and GraphiQL API's going 4+ years now. Thanks!

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Creating-a-new-fulfillment-via-REST-API/m-p/775943...

0 Likes