FulfillmentOrder REST API returning false permissions error

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1324 118 343

I'm trying to use the FulfillmentOrder REST API to get the assigned_location_id of all line items in an order.

The problem is the API request fails because of permissions, even though permissions are granted.

I tried 2 different scenarios:

1) Logging into the store as the store owner, then using the url to get the data in browser. Tried on multiple stores, all produced the same issue:

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 3.38.53 PM.jpg

2) I also tried making a request on the server side via the shopify_api gem:

fulfillment_order = ShopifyAPI::FulfillmentOrder.all(params: { order_id: order_id })

But it returns the error: ActiveResource::ForbiddenAccess: Failed. Response code = 403. Response message = Forbidden. 

Note, all these FulfillmentOrder permissions, plus read_fulfillments, plus read_orders are all enabled:

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 4.03.25 PM.jpg 

How do you access this API?

Or to put another way, the actual goal: how do you retrieve the assigned_location_id of order line items?

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
API_Dev
Tourist
4 0 1

Were you able to resolve this?  This issue is on multiple threads, but never with an associated answer.

0 Likes