FulfillmentSerivce fulfillment_order_notification callback payload is undocumented

Solved
stickfigure
Shopify Partner
35 2 4

I can't seem to find any documentation for the format of the /fulfillment_order_notification callback. It's mentioned in this document:

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/managing-fulfillments-with-fulfillmentorders#receiving-fulfil...

However, other than mentioning the presence of a 'kind' property, there doesn't appear to be any documentation for what else to expect in this payload. Nor does it seem to be mentioned anywhere in the community forums.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
stickfigure
Shopify Partner
35 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

For other's benefit: The payload (currently) includes only the one field `kind`.

0 Likes
Holm
Tourist
7 0 6

I'm surprised this doesn't contain the id of the fulfillment order in question. It's also surprising that it is not more formally documented.

stickfigure
Shopify Partner
35 2 4

There's a lot of inanity in Shopify's APIs, but after I got over my initial horror I've ultimately concluded that this one is mostly ok. They're probably haphazard about this notification, not sending it with every order. Think of it as a prod to "go poll for anything you think might be relevant".

Stripe wouldn't do it this way, but it works well enough. They really should document it better though. Add more "why".

0 Likes