GETing /orders/NNN/fulfillment_orders produces Internal Server Error

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 2 2

I have a development store with one order in it. When I try to get the fulfillment_orders, via this url:

/admin/api/2020-01/orders/2045274914897/fulfillment_orders.json

I get:

{errors: "Internal Server Error"}

How can I debug this?

My fullfillment service has the fulfillment_orders_opt_in flag set to true. I placed the order (with a test transaction) and requested fulfillment in the admin UI. It currently shows "Fulfillment in progress" and "Requested" in the admin UI. My fulfillment service should now be able to read fulfillment_orders on the order, right?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
144 7 22
The Internal Server Error response to me looks like it could be a bug in the API itself.

A good request, even if no fulfillment information is available for the order, should return a 200 OK with an empty array of results.

One thing to check is that your custom app has the correct permissions assigned to it that allows it access to this endpoint. Because it deals with orders and fulfillment, I would cover both of those in the app permission scope.

Joel.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 2 2

I agree, this behavior looks like a bug. I'm just now realizing that this feature dropped in the 2020-01 API. Is there a way to report API bugs to the team?

You should have been right about permissions. I had "read_products", "write_products", "read_orders", "write_orders", "read_fulfillments", "write_fulfillments", but not "read_assigned_fulfillment_orders", "write_assigned_fulfillment_orders". However, even after adding those two additional permissions, I still get the same error. I seem to be stuck :-(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
144 7 22

I believe members of the Shopify API team scan these boards, but you can always reach out to Shopify support who will escalate the issue to the correct team.

If you have a Shopify partner account, you can go through the Support section of your Partner Dashboard to reach out via chat, phone or email.

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 2 2

The live chat person directed me here. Guess I'll wait until someone official reports in. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 2 2

It turns out that the API endpoint works when called with an access token, but fails with this Internal Server Error when fetching from a browser (using whatever auth cookie allows all the other endpoints like /products and /orders to work).

1 Like