GRDP customers/data_request

alrod
3 0 0

Hi, Im trying to create a GDPR compliant app and I have some questions regarding the Customer data request endpoint that I cant find in the docs:

1.- what is the expected format for the response?
{
url: http://get/your/data
}
something like that? does it matter, or shall we only send the link via E-mail to the customer? or send a file via E-mail?

2.- The download link should respond with a json, a zip, a .csv, or what is the expected response for that link?

3.- Is the generated link one use only?

4.- Is any kind of security needed? all persons with the link can have access to the info download?

5.- Does the info goes to the shop owner or to the customer email in the params?

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1084 115 346

@alrod I think that response in How to process GDPR webhook customers/data_request answers your question.

Mario

Mario Rader [he] ★ If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. ★ Studio Mitte
• Meine Antwort war hilfreich? Hinterlass bitte ein Like.
• Meine Antwort hat Dein Problem behoben? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
• Ich hab dir etwas erspart? Ich freue ich mich immer über eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit
• Ja, ich biete Shopify-Services & -Entwicklung und freue mich von Dir zu hören!
• Bitte teile einen Link zu der Seite, deren Problem Du in deinem Beitrag beschreibst!

• Yes, I provide Shopify-services & -development. Feel free to get in touch!
• Please share a link to the site, which you refer to in your problem description. This incredibly increases the chances of you receiving a useful answer!
• My answer was useful? Please leave a Like.
• My answer solved your issue? Please accept it as the solution.
• I saved you time or money? I'm always happy to receive a little thank you.
0 Likes
alrod
3 0 0

By merchant it means the Store admin?

Also it does not clarify the data format.

So, when I receive the webhook, if I send a CSV file to the shopy store admin via Email with all the information of the customer's orders I should be good to go?

@r8r thanks for the quick response 

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1084 115 346

@alrod as far as I understand it, the way of submitting the data as outlined by you should be ok – and then you need to supply all the requestes orders' data and I would also add the customers' personal data. Shopify doesn't seem to provide any specific format or means of transmission for this data (which I think is a little odd too, but I guess that also shows the priority they put behind this feature ).

Mario

Mario Rader [he] ★ If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. ★ Studio Mitte
• Meine Antwort war hilfreich? Hinterlass bitte ein Like.
• Meine Antwort hat Dein Problem behoben? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
• Ich hab dir etwas erspart? Ich freue ich mich immer über eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit
• Ja, ich biete Shopify-Services & -Entwicklung und freue mich von Dir zu hören!
• Bitte teile einen Link zu der Seite, deren Problem Du in deinem Beitrag beschreibst!

• Yes, I provide Shopify-services & -development. Feel free to get in touch!
• Please share a link to the site, which you refer to in your problem description. This incredibly increases the chances of you receiving a useful answer!
• My answer was useful? Please leave a Like.
• My answer solved your issue? Please accept it as the solution.
• I saved you time or money? I'm always happy to receive a little thank you.