Getting Proxy Url from an installed shop

Shopify Partner
96 0 16

Hello,

I have an application that creates pages in an installed shop using an application proxy.  From the application the user can send out emails to customers that include links to the application proxy pages.

This works great when the shop is using the default proxy url for my application, however if the store edits the proxy url the links are no longer valid.

Ideally my application would be able to track the proxy url via the shopify api and shop updated webhooks, however it does not seem as though there is a way to get the current app-proxy url for the installed shop via the api. 

In order to track where my applications proxy page is located I would need to receive a shop.updated webhook when the store changed the url of my app proxy and I would need to be able to get the app proxy url for the shop.

I cannot find a way to fetch a shops current app proxy url using the API and I was wondering if there was anyway to do this.

Thank You,

-Andrew

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

I thought the page was determined by you, for your App, in your partner control panel for the App. You choose the page... there is nothing in a merchant's control to allow them to change the page you setup? How and where would they do this? You control your App Proxy not the shop it is installed in... 

I am just curious.. I have setup a few of these App Proxies and have not heard of this possibility.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
96 0 16

Hi HunkyBill,

The shop can change the url on their end from their admin/apps page by clicking the dropdown below the app and selecting 'Edit proxy url'.

More often then from editing I run into issues where the proxy url has been taken by another app and my url has a -1 at the end of it.  In either case it would be very useful for my app to be sure of where the proxy location is within a specific store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3933 15 323

Ahhh! Ok.. cool!  ... you're a trail blazer here.. awesome.. sounds like they need to apply some elbow grease to this Proxy end of things.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes