Getting Shopify Order# to post to the Authorize.net [x_invoice_num] Invoice Field. How?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

Greetings,  hoping someone at Shopify, or someone who has dealt with Shopify directly on the same issue can help advise on this

PROBLEM:  On orders placed through Shopify and paid with a credit card via our Authorize.net integration, Shopify posts the  "Checkout ID"  (example:  c.xxx48021.1)  as the "Invoice Number" in Authorize.net.   This is not useful when reconciling your payments.  When you're browsing your payment history, you can't search by Order number in Authorize.net. 

WHAT I'M HOPING TO ACHIEVE:   I would rather Shopify post the Order# to the Authorize.net Data field [x_invoice_num] than the checkout number.  When reconciling our payments it's much easier to go by invoice number.   

1. Has anyone else had and resolved this issue?
  2. Is there way to configure this for your store? 
  3. Is there a reason that it's not set up this way? 
  4. If not, has anyone figured out a creative workaround? 

If not,  is there a way to post the Order ID in another field,  say the PO Number? 

I see in this thread, from back in 2006,  when Active Merchant was in use, this was addressed.   The only other area I see mention of this issue is in this thread. about the Checkout Id's and their significance.   

Anyone else run in to this?   How did you work around it? 

Thanks in advance! 

5 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

it's 2020 and they still haven't solved this as best I can see after hours of researching for a solution. shopify tries to blame authorize.net, but it is their issue to fix. 

0 Likes