Getting Stripe Token from Shopify Checkout

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am trying to build a Shopify subscriptions app that integrates with Stripe to charge users monthly for a product.  I see that you can generate Stripe tokens using data from your own checkout form and use them to complete Shopify payments, but is there any way to generate a Stripe token from a checkout that is created through your Shopify store?

When a customer purchases a subscription product through a store's website, I want to generate a Stripe token from their checkout data and use it to automatically charge later payments.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
925 17 161

Hi,

I am not familiar with Stripe, but aren't payment tokens used only once? Instead you'd need to have Stripe's Customer object.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
2 0 0

What I'm looking to do is create a Customer and set the Customer's default source to the token, which will then allow me to create a subscription on the Customer object.  The documentation shows how to complete a payment using a stripe token, but what I want to do is use my Paypal Store's native checkout form to create a stripe token instead of actually checking out.  From there, I'll create the Customer object and the token from the credit card information to create the subscription through stripe.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
925 17 161

I have to admit I don't understand :-P

Sorry, passing this Q on - maybe others can help.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes