Getting Stripe Token from Shopify Checkout

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am trying to build a Shopify subscriptions app that integrates with Stripe to charge users monthly for a product.  I see that you can generate Stripe tokens using data from your own checkout form and use them to complete Shopify payments, but is there any way to generate a Stripe token from a checkout that is created through your Shopify store?

When a customer purchases a subscription product through a store's website, I want to generate a Stripe token from their checkout data and use it to automatically charge later payments.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 170 525

Hi,

I am not familiar with Stripe, but aren't payment tokens used only once? Instead you'd need to have Stripe's Customer object.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

What I'm looking to do is create a Customer and set the Customer's default source to the token, which will then allow me to create a subscription on the Customer object.  The documentation shows how to complete a payment using a stripe token, but what I want to do is use my Paypal Store's native checkout form to create a stripe token instead of actually checking out.  From there, I'll create the Customer object and the token from the credit card information to create the subscription through stripe.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 170 525

I have to admit I don't understand :-P

Sorry, passing this Q on - maybe others can help.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey, did you get anywhere with this? I'm attempting to do the same thing. In an ideal world, we'd also be able to login to the underlying Stripe admin account too, this would be especially useful for testing, but probably not likely to be available.

0 Likes