Solved

Getting "Internal Server Error" while doing fulfillmentCreateV2 GraphQL mutation

Nitin_Kujur
Shopify Partner
81 19 32

I want to implement fulfillmentCreateV2 GraphQL mutation. For that I was testing it on Query Builder

But unfortunately, it's responding with "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" 

I took query reference from here  and below is the query which I was trying

mutation {
  fulfillmentCreateV2(
    fulfillment: {
      notifyCustomer: true
      trackingInfo: {
        company: "GLS"
        number: "38635110866"
        url: "https://www.gls-one.de/de/trace?query=38635110866"
      }
      lineItemsByFulfillmentOrder: {
        fulfillmentOrderId: "gid://shopify/Fulfillment/1938472927365"
      }
    }
  ) {
    fulfillment {
      trackingInfo {
        company
        number
        url
      }
    }
    userErrors {
      field
  }
}

But got this response

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Internal error. Looks like something went wrong on our end.\nRequest ID: 601a2520-55a3-4447-82ff-1dcec0be39d5 (include this in support requests).",
      "extensions": {
        "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
        "requestId": "601a2520-55a3-4447-82ff-1dcec0be39d5"
      }
    }
  ]
}

Screenshot (570).png

Same happens when I try to fetch only published products

image.png

Can anyone please let me know what could be the issue here?

Accepted Solution (1)
hassain
Shopify Staff (Retired)
624 104 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nitin_Kujur ,

It seems that you are still using the wrong value for that input. There is no FulfillmentOrder on your shop with 'id'=2099354534021. Instead, it seems like you just took the ID from an Order and used that instead. There is a fundamental difference in Shopify between a Fulfillment, a FulfillmentOrder, and an Order. This document over here describes their differences and how they are used to create and complete a fulfillment, as well as provide links to the relevant GraphQL API documentation about these resources: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-fulfillments-with-fulfillment-and-fulfillmentorder-resources

Regarding your other query fail, from out platform logs it appears that it failed because the query took too long and timed out before our database returned results. Sometimes this can happen if the query is large and inefficient, or if there is a lot of traffic load on our platform at a given moment. Since your query is small try running it again at a later time, and if you still run into errors let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

hassain
Shopify Staff (Retired)
624 104 187

Hey @Nitin_Kujur ,

In the input of your fulfillmentCreateV2 mutation, under the 'lineItemsByFulfillmentOrder' property you have inputted a Fulfillment ID instead of a FulfillmentOrder ID. This incorrect ID is causing the mutation to fail

Nitin_Kujur
Shopify Partner
81 19 32

@hassain wrote:

Hey @Nitin_Kujur ,

In the input of your fulfillmentCreateV2 mutation, under the 'lineItemsByFulfillmentOrder' property you have inputted a Fulfillment ID instead of a FulfillmentOrder ID. This incorrect ID is causing the mutation to fail

Hello @hassain ,

Thanks for your reply. I changed the FulfillmentOrder ID but it's still erroring out. Screenshot (582).png

Also, any input on the product GraphQL query fail ? (Its in 1st post)

Thanks

hassain
Shopify Staff (Retired)
624 104 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nitin_Kujur ,

It seems that you are still using the wrong value for that input. There is no FulfillmentOrder on your shop with 'id'=2099354534021. Instead, it seems like you just took the ID from an Order and used that instead. There is a fundamental difference in Shopify between a Fulfillment, a FulfillmentOrder, and an Order. This document over here describes their differences and how they are used to create and complete a fulfillment, as well as provide links to the relevant GraphQL API documentation about these resources: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-fulfillments-with-fulfillment-and-fulfillmentorder-resources

Regarding your other query fail, from out platform logs it appears that it failed because the query took too long and timed out before our database returned results. Sometimes this can happen if the query is large and inefficient, or if there is a lot of traffic load on our platform at a given moment. Since your query is small try running it again at a later time, and if you still run into errors let me know.