Gift Cards - Create API - Creates Two Separate Gift Cards

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

We are manually fulfilling gift cards through the Gift Card API because we need access to the full gift card number (this is only available when issuing a gift card in Shopify).

When calling the Gift card API it is creating the gift card twice - one for the order line item and one for the same value just against the customer. 

Please note we have the auto fulfilment option turned off for Gift Cards on our Plus store, the gift card only gets fulfilled when we fulfil it but it happens twice for every gift card. 

We can easily recreate it with a simple Postman request to: https://ourshopifystore.com/admin/api/2020-10/gift_cards.json

Using the following payload:

{

"gift_card": {

"initial_value": 10.0,

"order_id": 2819757506692,

"line_item_id": 6145057849476

}

}

To summarise the problem again, when we call the above API with this payload the gift card correctly gets fulfilled and issued against the line item but Shopify is also issuing an additional gift card against the customer for the same amount. 

Please note, this issue has alerted to Plus Support who suggested posted in these forums. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Simon

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 22 29

Hey @hisimon 

Thanks for reporting this issue! I have notified the team that deals with gift cards so that they can address this. If I get any updates I will circle back and notify you on this post. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution