GraphQL API orders import error: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

Hi.

About a two weeks ago we started to receive complaints from our users.

As Shopify Partner we have developed two apps (https://apps.shopify.com/tableau-connector and https://apps.shopify.com/power-bi-connector-1) that used GraphQL API to export data from Shopify.

We tried to figure out the problem and found out that there is an error during orders export.

When we trying to run a query to import order's data with fields refunds and suggestedRefund:

{
  orders(first: 10) {
    edges {
      node {
        refunds {
          id
        }
        suggestedRefund {
          amountSet {
            shopMoney {
              amount
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

we got this error message:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Internal error. Looks like something went wrong on our end.\nRequest ID: c62488f4-82e0-4316-ab87-a10ab78444c1 (include this in support requests).",
      "extensions": {
        "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
        "requestId": "c62488f4-82e0-4316-ab87-a10ab78444c1"
      }
    }
  ]
}

If we try to run GraphQL bulk operation with the same query, we received a message that contains this information:

"bulkOperationRunQuery":{
   "bulkOperation":{
      "id":"gid://shopify/BulkOperation/5900763232",
      "status":"CREATED"
   },
   "userErrors":[]
}

But couple of minutes later, when we checked bulk operation status we got this message:

"currentBulkOperation":{
   "completedAt":null,
   "createdAt":"2020-04-24T06:20:01Z",
   "errorCode":"INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
   "fileSize":null,
   "id":"gid://shopify/BulkOperation/5900763232",
   "objectCount":"0",
   "query":"{\n  orders {\n    edges {\n      node {\n        refunds {\n          id\n        }\n        suggestedRefund {\n          amountSet {\n            shopMoney {\n              amount\n            }\n          }\n        }\n      }\n    }\n  }\n}\n    ",
   "url":null,
   "status":"FAILED"
}

What is causing this to happen? We were able to run a similar query before and it ran successfully.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
586 71 128

Hey @mellon_collie,

Thanks for bringing this up, I've tested and have been able to replicate the issue on my end. The issue has been raised with our developers, and I'll post back here once I have an update on the fix.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like