GraphQL Access Denied - orderEditBegin

Solved
2 0 1

Platform: Shopify Plus

I have granted my private app read & write access to every scope available in the API permissions section including write_order_edits. Screenshot https://d.pr/i/WtCQ09

The private app is also set to 2020-01 (Latest) webhooks API version in case that matters. 

Below is the mutation I am posting to admin/api/2020-01/graphql.json as well as the access denied response received. 

Request:

mutation { orderEditBegin(id: "gid://shopify/Order/1955740057670") {
                calculatedOrder {
                  id
                }
                userErrors {
                  field
              }
          }

Response:

{"data":{"orderEditBegin":{"calculatedOrder":null,"userErrors":[{"field":null,"message":"Access
Denied."}]}},"extensions":{"cost":{"requestedQueryCost":10,"actualQueryCost":10,"throttleStatus":{"maximumAvailable":2000,"currentlyAvailable":1990,"restoreRate":100}}}}
Is there something I am missing here? Why am I getting access denied when all the appropriate permissions are set on the private app? 

Thanks!
Tourist
7 0 0

Same issue here..

Any updates on this?

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

I don't think the Shopify API team actually committed these changes..

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 103 99

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @puda_cb @schnepple 

With Shopify Plus, order editing is not quite rolled out yet! Here is where this is stated: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/edit-orders

You can contact your MSM to have this enabled on a development store for testing in the meantime. 

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

So having Shopify Plus is actually a disadvantage at the moment? I'll see what my MSM says.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Thanks @vix - I discovered the section disclaiming that shortly after. I appreciate the response and am looking forward to order editing being live on Shopify Plus. I'm all ready to test as soon as it is! 

Best of luck @puda_cb !

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 1 11

Hey @vix 

We're having the issue with a Shopify plus app user. It's not on every order, only on a few. OrderEditBegin, on these occasions, returns null:

{"extensions":{"cost":{"actualQueryCost":10,"throttleStatus":{"maximumAvailable":2000,"restoreRate":100,"currentlyAvailable":1990},"requestedQueryCost":17}},"data":{"orderEditBegin":{"calculatedOrder":null}}}

An order only a few hours before (and many others) work absolutely fine. The edit we're making is also the same. Removing the same product from the order and adding another.

Please could you investigate? Happy to provide exact order IDs and the store privately.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 103 99

Can you post the request ID?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 1 11

Ah, not something we have available any more. Can I send over anything else?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 103 99

I'd go over the standard troubleshooting: 

• Does the call you are making succeed outside of bulk ops
  • Are you utilizing the same API key that started it to access the data
  • Is there a concern of a timeout
  • etc. 

There are lots of other ideas on the forum board. If you can't get that to work, note the next time this happens and get the request-id and we can check into the logs! 

0 Likes