GraphQL Storefront API - mutation does not exist?

2 0 0

Hi all,

I'm working on integrating the GraphQL Storefront API into a custom sitefront and have run into a potential roadblock regarding users requesting a reset of their password. The documentation here shows that customerRecover is supposed to be defined, however when looking at the schema definition via GraphiQL I get "Field 'customerRecover' doesn't exist on type 'Mutation." Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1028 68 135

Hey there, 

Are you able to try this out with a cURL request instead of the GraphiQL app? That should help narrow things down a bit. Let me know how it goes!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Josh, I appreciate the response. Just wanted to let you know that this is totally user-error as, in my request, I was querying https:///my-shop.myshopify.com/admin/api/graphql instead of the proper storefront API endpoint.Notice the appending of /admin to the request? That's what happens when you try testing two APIs at once and don't split the tests out well...

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1028 68 135

Hey again, 

Thanks for getting back to me to let me know - believe me, I've been there more than once myself. Totally understandable. Glad you got it sorted! 

0 Likes