Having problems with inventory quantity discrepancies between product and productListings APIs

emrecelik
Shopify Partner
14 4 4

We are a Shopify Partner with a public Sales Channel App. Our platform uses various APIs from Shopify including products.json and product_listings.json. The baffling issue we are facing right now is the fact that the ProductListings API seems to be reporting an inventory_quantity of -57 items while the Product API shows the same product with roughly 5000 items. The shop is complaining that our application is not showing the right quantity while we have to explain that this is a Shopify issue. We went ahead and opened a ticket with Shopify Support and they said that this particular issue is above and beyond their support levels and that we should be asking  the public forum (aka post and pray). They did give us a clue saying that there is a Location that is assigned all the inventory but are we not able to see that Location's inventory in the ProductListings API? 

If anyone has any insight or has seen this issue first hand, we would appreciate the support.

Thanks in advance

Emre

0 Likes
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
534 105 103

Hi @emrecelik 

If you have the support ticket # can you post or DM that to me. I'll make sure this is looked at with our team, but will need some more specifics from the ticket. You can also in the future reach out through the partner dashboard. 

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Fumie
1 0 0

Hi!

We are having the same issue.

We are trying to pull inventory stock information, but in the report it sais:

Product Inventory Quantity 3, and it actually is updated on Shopify with 19.

Any ideas how to solve?

Thank you,

Iris

0 Likes