Help: Need All Shopify Themes For App Development

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, guys.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.
My team and I have been working on an app (for 6 months) that we'll launch on the Shopify App Store very soon. We are already done with the interface design and functions of the app. The app is basically a discount app, you install it to your store, and will be able to add offers to higher your AOV, such as Buy More & Save More offers (Buy 2 Get 20% off, Buy 3 Get 30% off). This is very beneficial for store owners on Shopify.

So the problem we are currently facing is, when you install the app, the app will embed a code to your theme so it will start functioning. We have already integrated the app codes to work with all the FREE Shopify themes, but not the paid ones. We really need to have some sort of temporary access to the Paid themes so we can heavily test and integrate our codes with all the themes out there. Because if a merchant uses a paid theme that we haven't integrated our codes to communicate with, the app won't function at all, which means that we will lose the merchant and get bad reviews, and we don't want that.

Do you guys know any workarounds to this situation? We don't want to buy all the paid Shopify themes (which will cost us thousands of dollars). This is very urgent, any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1433 171 262

You don't have much options. One, you can reachout to the devs of the most popular paid themes and ask for partner access for free. Second would be to extend your app's admin area and make it clear your app works with these themes and if the theme the customer has is not from your list, just offer your help integrating/setting up your app with the new theme for free. You can then add support for this theme into your app.

Second option is still valid even if you go ahead with the first one.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the response. We've been thinking about doing that, but we thought, if the merchant is using a third-party theme that is not listed in the Shopify Theme Store, then that would be the option (to contact us).

You talked about us reaching out to the developers and asking about access, who do you exactly mean, and how?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1433 171 262

You talked about us reaching out to the developers and asking about access, who do you exactly mean, and how?

Just go to https://themes.shopify.com/themes?sort_by=most_recent&price%5B%5D=paid  click on the theme and there is a support section for each theme, most of them a providing one or more options to reach them out.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes