Help with creating a checkout option plugin for shopify merchants

Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there! I'm CEO of Everwear, where we're building a "try before you buy" platform for retailers in the fashion space. Our intention is to have a shopify plugin which would enable Everwear to be a payment option, integrated at checkout. We desire to be either a payment option here (A):Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.22.09 PM.pngor here (B):Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.22.58 PM.png

just like amazon pay in these two examples. 

Today we have the functionality to generate a virtual card, using Stripe Issuing. Our ideal integration is to generate the virtual card at checkout and pass the the virtual card's 16 digit #, cvv, etc. through the merchant's payment processor (if its Shopify payments or Stripe or other). 

Can you point us in the right direction for what we should do? Do we fill out the hosted payment SDK request form? Or something else? Also would be happy to jump on the phone with someone from the team or someone from product.

More on Everwear: We pay the merchant in full up front via the virtual card, and then collect from the customer 14 days later, after they've decided which items they want to keep/return. 

Thank you!

Alek

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Bump. Can anyone from shopify help?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 80

Hi @alekdot,

We aren't currently accepting direct payment methods, so option B is not an option. Option A is reserved for express checkouts, which your proposed integration does not seem to be.

I think the best option right now would be to create the integration as an offsite gateway though the Hosted Payment SDK as you mentioned. You will need to apply for access through the form you linked. I can't guarantee that this type of integration will have their access request approved, but this is how you would start that conversation at least.

I think the more ideal solution is one using technology that does not yet exist. The possibility of a checkout integration like this is something we're exploring for the future. In the meantime, you can continue exploring the use of the HPSDK. Otherwise, stay tuned to our developer changelog for any product announcements in the future.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you @Busfox. We will explore the Payment SDK route you mentioned.

Can I ask why you are not accepting direct payment methods at this time? That's how we integrated at Affirm (I worked there for 4 years) and was hoping to do the same here. I'm happy to make the case to your product or partnerships team as well. This will really help Shopify merchants in the fashion industry. 

0 Likes