Our online shop has an issue. Please help.
1) manime1.myshopify.com - is our "storefront" auto-generated by shopify. We would like to remove the storefront website. We don't need the storefront because we built a totally custom frontend.
2) we built the totally custom frontend for our online shop. The frontend is built using react, hosted on AWS. We use 'manime1.myshopify.com/admin/api/...' APIs to create/get orders, customers, products.
So we have the redundant website: manime1.myshopify.com. It poses a few problems:
1) we post our products to Facebook, Instagram (using sales channels). The products (on FB and IG) have wrong links (manime1.myshopify.com instead of manime.co).
2) it confuses our customers (they should use only manime.co)
1) redirect from manime1.myshopify.com to manime.co
1) Do you have any idea how to resolve that?
2) Is it possible to redirect all the pages (including the checkout pages) from manime1.myshopify.com to manime.co? Because editing the code of the 'checkout.liquid' requires shopify plus that is pretty expensive
3) Please, your any thoughts
It's possible to disable the Online Store sales channel, but in order to use Instagram product tagging the Online Store channel is required. I just tried visiting your myshopify URL, and I was redirected to your non-Shopify website. I also checked a tagged product on Instagram, and I was automatically redirected to the relevant product on your non-Shopify website. I'm not sure if you set up redirects for this yourself, but everything I checked seems to be working. Note that the Instagram channel was designed to be used with the Shopify online store. Since you're not currently using the Online Store channel, this should be considered a work-around.
For the links, the only suggestion I have is to add your domain in the Shopify admin under Online Store > Domains. Adding the domain in Shopify might allow that domain to show in the Instagram app instead of the myshopify one. Please note that you shouldn't change the DNS records for the domain, just add it in the admin. Also keep in mind that if you do this, you'll also need to make sure your redirects stay intact.
JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution