How can I add a queue to my Shopify store?

2 0 0

Hello Shopify community,

I've been looking into how to implement a waiting queue for the past few days for my website but I haven't been able to find a way. I'm looking for something that helps control high traffic sites, and makes the checkout process much smoother for customers. Basically after adding to cart, you will be sent to a "waiting room" of sorts, until you are able to pass the page and complete your checkout. I'm sure it's an add-on found somewhere as there are plenty more stores that utilize this feature too, and they all act the same. If anyone could point me in the right direction or suggest a Shopify expert for hire, that would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
248 9 50

I'm really confused why you send people to a waiting room after adding to cart, why would you have any reason at all to have people be forced to wait to checkout? Please explain.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hey Paul, I was looking to add a queue to help control traffic on my site for limited releases, and giving all customers a fair chance to checkout. 

@Paul_West wrote:

I'm really confused why you send people to a waiting room after adding to cart, why would you have any reason at all to have people be forced to wait to checkout? Please explain.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
248 9 50

Why would you want to 'control' it? Shopify can handle as much traffic as you can generate. Every single persons should be able to checkout without problems.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
6 0 1

Hi Connor!

This is quite a unique feature, and while I can't think of a way of implementing it exactly as you request, I've built a similar styled feature for a few clients in the past.

My clients use it as a sort of 'waiting list' or 'queue' system to limit the customers able to purchase a product / make customers wait for a product to become available, etc. I built this out individually for multiple clients over the past few years and this year decided to publish it as a public Shopify app called Wait.li.

If you are interested, it has just been released in the app store here - https://apps.shopify.com/product-waiting-lists

I've been implementing feature requests like crazy over the past few weeks so if you have any suggestions or requests please let me know and I can work them into a plan to be implemented!

I hope that helps, once again please send me a note and we can chat about how we can make Wait.li work for your store!

Thanks,
Patrick

Wait.li

Shopify Product Waiting Lists - https://apps.shopify.com/product-waiting-lists
Shopify Code Snippets - https://github.com/patrickbolle/shopify-snippets

Need a hand with some Shopify work? Send me a note and we can chat!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Connor, did you ever find a way to do this?

When my company launches products people are often pulled out of the checkout flow because something in their cart inventory gets sold so they get pulled back to restart the checkout process.

It would be great if a waiting room could be established that let people check out sequentially. 

0 Likes