How can I check HS code on inventory item from shopify frontend?

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hello,

As there is limitation on REST API that we can not update HS code and country of origin at product level instead we need to update on inventoryitem level.

Can anyone suggest me how can I see  HS code on inventory item from shopify frontend.

FYI: I am integrating shopify with one of ERP system so I need to confirm whether data updated at shopify side or not.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 70 127

Hey @poojaz,

You can check this by opening the product page in the Shopify admin, and scroll down to the Shipping section. This section contains a field showing the HS tax code if one is present:

20-01-dnftj-hjmki6

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi JB,

Thank you for your response.

But I want to check this at inventory item as mentioned in my question I can not update this details on product via REST api instead I can update on inventory item. Can you please guide me how can I check if I have updated correct info. 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Add-Variant-HS-Tariff-Codes-to-REST-API/td-p/48014...

FYI, I am using python library for shopify and I am also facing issue while trying to update it on inventory item.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 70 127

Hi @poojaz,

Apologies, it seems I misunderstood your question at first.

As you mentioned, when using the REST API, the only way to view/update the HS tarriff code is by using the InventoryItem object. It's not possible to do this on the product or variant level.

If you've already added the HS code to a particular inventory item, you can do a GET to that same inventory_item_id to check if the correct HS code is included in the response. 

Request:

GET /admin/api/2020-01/inventory_items/#{inventory_item_id}.json

Response:

{
  "inventory_item": {
    "id": 999999999,
    "sku": "IPOD2008PINK",
    "created_at": "2020-01-14T10:41:30-05:00",
    "updated_at": "2020-01-14T10:41:30-05:00",
    "requires_shipping": true,
    "cost": "25.00",
    "country_code_of_origin": null,
    "province_code_of_origin": null,
    "harmonized_system_code": 100630, <=================
    "tracked": true,
    "country_harmonized_system_codes": [],
    "admin_graphql_api_id": "gid://shopify/InventoryItem/999999999"
  }
}

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like