How can I create more than one order at one time?

Nickyang
3 0 0

I have a question about "create order" How can I create more than one order at one time? I have many draft oders to create,I want to find a way to save my time.

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 223

If you are using the REST API then you are pretty much constrained to a single new record creation per API call. If you are getting 2 API requests/second throughput as expected then you get an idea as to the time it will take to create a draft order set. In code I usually define the method that handles the API request/response pair, pull in an array or list of records I need to create, iterate each record, passing it to my API method. Not a ton of extra coding really. Let's say you have 1,000 draft orders to create. Given the API call rate, the whole routine should finish up in under 10 minutes.

0 Likes
cor
3 0 0

You could also use a low code tool like Integromat or Zapier to automate this step for you.

Cor | Automator @ Prettysimpl
We do custom automations that scale operations for growth-stage online retailers.
To learn more visit our Prettysimpl website

0 Likes
Nickyang
3 0 0

Sir, Then what should I do next exactly? Could you please provide a feasible solution?

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 223

A kinda open-ended question, but if you are just initially looking at this task if it were me I would:

• Check out an API middleware provider, such as Zapier. If they offer a connector for Shopify's draft orders and the price is reasonable, then go for it.
  • If you are looking to create your own solution using Shopify's API endpoints, then here's a good starting off reference document --> https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/getting-started.

In the event you are going the self-developed route, it's all up to you. As to what development environment, language, tools, etc. you are going to use. If it's a one-time integration then it'd make sense to setup a test development shop to use. Configure the barebones requirements, drop in some data, and have a private/custom app registered against it. That private/custom app is where your integration will live.  

0 Likes
Nickyang
3 0 0

What is Integromat or Zapier ?

I have submissed a format on your webite.

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 223

Here's Zapier --> https://zapier.com/apps/shopify/integrations. I've looked at it in the past and it's a good service depending on what you are looking to do and how much you are willing to spend. I don't work for Shopify, so I'm not sure about any form submission!

0 Likes