How can I display orders that were attributed to my app?

7 0 0

Hi all --

Hoping someone can help - My team is building a commission-based app that also has a monthly fee. For commission, we're charging a percentage of sales that are attributed to the use of our widget. We'd like to inform merchants about the attributed orders at the end of each billing cycle (i.e., each month).

From what I understand, the Shopify billing invoice will only show the total amount owed to us, and not the specific orders that were attributed.

I've called support a couple times and have been told about both the MarketingEvent, RecurringApplicationCharge and UsageCharge Billing APIs. Getting a little confused and could use some guidance on which will be needed in order for us to accomplish what we are trying to do. Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1369 56 202

Could you explain a bit more about your integration? I'm specifically interested in how your app works, which might give me an idea of how you can accomplish this.

Cheers.

0 Likes
7 0 0
Sure, I’ll do my best -- The app features a widget that lives on the merchant’s page. (It’s essentially a button that opens chat when clicked. It delivers a personalized score after the chat conversation, letting the consumer know how likely the [hair] product is to work for them.) After consumers interact with the widget and complete a purchase, that sale is attributed to us. We would like to show the merchant the orders that we facilitated.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1369 56 202

One idea: if you're adding to the user's cart directly, you can do so and include a line item property as shown on this page. Then, every month, you could poll orders for the month via an API connection, make note of all orders with your unique line item property, and attribute the sales accordingly.

Cheers.

0 Likes
7 0 0

Ah yes, that would work but we’re not adding to the cart directly which makes that tough :-/. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
7 0 0

Do you think that this information, once we figure out how to get it, could be displayed on the admin panel or would it be restricted to our app only?

0 Likes