How can I exclude/negate products by product id?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm looking to use the Shopify Mobile Buy SDK for iOS. I'm trying to search for all products in my shop but exclude certain product id's from the result set. I'm trying to do something like SELECT ALL FROM `products` WHERE `product_id` NOT IN (9439583443,94395385384,94934939)

After looking at the GitHub SDK I didn't see anything about excluding products. I did see something about doing a negation on the queries like "product_type" but this isn't what I'm trying to accomplish.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
493 98 88

Hi @Codavated 

You can choose not to publish specific products to the SDK if you do not wish to display them. Otherwise, have you considered collections?

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This won't work as my customers will browsing through the products. In other words, once they do a certain action on a product I will save that using my own storage solution. However, after they return to the browsing, since they already viewed and made certain actions on certain products, I DON'T want to display those products as that would go against my entire purpose. It sounds like excluding products by product ID is not available via a Shopify API call nor using some search in the Mobile Buy SDK. Is this correct? 

0 Likes