How can I get the current user name?

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
892 23 171

Hi,

I would like to send an onboarding email to the new user. How can I get the current user name to put in my email template? Can I do it via the API?

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Replies 5 (5)

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

You Just only need the Email Address of the new user

1. Log into your admin panel and navigate to Settings > Account.

2. Click on the Add a staff member button1s.png

3. Enter a first name, last name, and email address for the new staff member and click on Send invite:2s.png

The new user member will receive an email invitation to create an account and will be prompted to create a password

4.To limit a user permissions, select the user and click on Limit admin access and untick the options allowed for user admin access.

3s.png

5.Click on the Save button

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
jam_chan
Shopify Partner
892 23 171

@DigitalArtisans Thanks, but I want to get the user name via API, preferably in Python

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
policenauts
Shopify Partner
206 10 66

This should be available via the 'shop' endpoint and owner_name https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/store-properties/shop

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
892 23 171

But the owner name didn't mean the current user name. It may be the colleagues. When I send an email with a wrong name, it is worse than a 'Hi'

archie1337
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

@jam_chan did you find a way to do it?