How do I change the URL of my Shopify app?

Targeting_Mantr
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

Initially when I had created my app, it was named - "abc"; url - "https://apps.shopify.com/abc";

Now I need to change the name to - "xyz", but the url remains the same. Is there any way I can change the url to - "https://apps.shopify.com/xyz";. Or I will have to create another app with name - "xyz", so that it picks up the required url?

0 Likes
Nate19
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
95 0 6

Unfortunately, a new app will have to be created to change the URL. The URL is only created once per application, based on it's original name.

0 Likes
dom-linq
Shopify Partner
30 1 9

Is this still the case with the URL not being changed unless you create a new app and listing?

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 87 165

Hey @dom-linq,

No this is no longer a limitation, the app URL can be changed from your partner dashboard. Just make sure you don't have the word shopify in the root domain name, as that will not be accepted (you can have it in the sub-domain name eg. shopify.yourapp.com, just not in the root domain). 

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
dom-linq
Shopify Partner
30 1 9

@_JB thanks for the reply.

I accidentally created a new post before seeing your response here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/App-Listing-URL-not-able-to-be-changed/m-p/728897#...

But regarding your answer, I have created a new app URL subdomain and changed the name of the app itself but the listing still shows the older app URL. It doesn't seem to be using the new one created.

As well as using Shopify App Bridge Redirect in-app is still using the old URL.

Thanks,

Dom

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 87 165

Hey @dom-linq,

Sorry I misread your question originally. After an app is created you can change the URL your app is hosted on and you can also change the App Store listing URL, but the URL merchants see in the Shopify admin can't be changed after an app has been created. The only way to get a new in-app URL is to create a new app from the Partner dashboard.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

dom-linq
Shopify Partner
30 1 9

@_JB 

Thanks for the help. Overall, if I cannot change the App Bridge URL I will have to resubmit a new app with the proper naming. 

0 Likes
banggood
4 0 0

Our APP URL is special for setting beta test, but after the app is approved, we need to change it to the url after launch. Can't we change this to a new URL from the original URL?

0 Likes
Become
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks for the replies! 

Our app is currently under review and we need to change the app UR. Do we need to withdraw our app from the review in order to change the app URL and re-submit from the scratch? Or can we wait till we get approved and  then submit a new app (and would the approval process take the same time?)

Cheers

Anna

0 Likes