Solved

How do I get paypal transaction ID from transactions API?

Cloudyman
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hello, everyone, I want to get paypal transaction ID from transactions API.

I only get below response, I didn't get paypal transaction ID.

Also tried order API and fulfillments API too, but didn't see paypal transaction ID as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!

P.S. I used paypal sandbox account to purchase items on my test shop and fullfill the order manually to test the flow.

"id": 1500630974517,
"order_id": 1241888849973,
"kind": "sale",
"gateway": "manual",
"status": "success",
"message": "Marked the manual payment as received",
"created_at": "2019-08-30T00:13:42-04:00",
"test": false,
"authorization": null,
"location_id": null,
"user_id": null,
"parent_id": null,
"processed_at": "2019-08-30T00:13:42-04:00",
"device_id": null,
"receipt": {},
"error_code": null,
"source_name": "3018965",
"amount": "431.55",
"currency": "USD",
"admin_graphql_api_id": "gid://shopify/OrderTransaction/1500630974517"
Accepted Solution (1)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Cloudyman,

Payment gateway details would be included in the receipt, if any additional details were sent. The example you gave is for a "marked as paid" transaction, thus there is no gateway info sent. This field would be populated on transactions that directly ping the gateway's servers, such as a live transaction.

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Cloudyman,

Payment gateway details would be included in the receipt, if any additional details were sent. The example you gave is for a "marked as paid" transaction, thus there is no gateway info sent. This field would be populated on transactions that directly ping the gateway's servers, such as a live transaction.

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Cloudyman
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Hi, @Busfox 

Thanks for your reply!

Samide007
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello @Busfox ,

please can you explain what do you mean by "directly ping the gateway's servers, such as a live transaction" 

I want to get the Paypal transaction ID, when I create an order on my store I don't find the Paypal transaction-id.

thank you

Blanche
Visitor
1 0 0

@Samide007 wrote:

Hello @Busfox ,

please can you explain what do you mean by "directly ping the gateway's servers, such as a live transaction" 

I want to get the Paypal transaction ID, when I create an order on my store I don't find the Paypal transaction-id.

thank you

Have you solved the problem? I had the same problem

ismailalabou
Shopify Partner
34 2 3

hello @Busfox;

your reply was helpful for me, but my i kinda want that receipt data for an order, as long as the order was checked out through PayPal express checkout.

i can't get this data because i'm on a development store & for me to be able to do so i need to switch to paid plan which cost at least 29$.

if anyone could provide me this data, feel free to reach me at: ismailalabou@gmail.com.

i would be very thankful.

peace out

simplyfyi
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hello @ismailalabou ,

Were you able to figure out a way to test PayPal Express checkout on your development store without a PayPal paid plan? I'm in the same situation as you are.

Thanks

ismailalabou
Shopify Partner
34 2 3

hi @simplyfyi ,

unfortunately there is no way to test #PayPal_express_checkout without having a #paypal personnel/business account (with founds) & a #Shopify online store (not development);

once you have both of them (PayPal account & Shopify store), then u can make real transactions (for testing purposes); & then request & respond to your refund requests.

good luck 🙂,

@ismailalabou 

riddleydiddely
Shopify Partner
15 1 3

Could you specify which Shopify REST endpoint one could get the transactionID that i would see on the Paypal side? A link or the name of the rest endpoint would be really helpfull, thanks 🙂