How many times can I send the app for review?

Solved
sirena
Tourist
6 0 0

I sent my app for review and on the rejected mail it says: "Caution: Repeatedly submitting an app that doesn’t meet our app store requirements will result in a suspension."

I'm having issues with this review since my app is not developed to appear on Shopify marketplace and the review process is made for those apps (I believe there should be a different review process for the listed and unlisted apps). One point in particular is that the review ask us to use OAuth to ask for scope permissions immediately after merchants add your app but we don't have this since merchants can't add the app from Shopify, they do it from my platform and do the OAuth there. Since we need to develop a custom URL for this but we don't have much time, I want to know how many times I can send my app to waste as small chances as possible. 

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2010

I'm having issues with this review since my app is not developed to appear on Shopify marketplace

Why is this not being developed as a custom/private app instead? 
What does it do that you want to skip the app store?

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2010

This is an accepted solution.

As for the amount of times, there won't be a hard number. Assume a common politeness number. If you keep submitting something with any changes or attempt to meet the requirements I can totally understand why a team would want to stop that. If there's active progression and changes, then I would feel way more confident that the team will work with you.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
sirena
Tourist
6 0 0

Why is this not being developed as a custom/private app instead? 

Because it is aimed for any store to use it, not just one or a specific group

What does it do that you want to skip the app store?

The starting point of the app is on my platform's marketplace, not on Shopify. The idea is that users connect through their Shopify account and this add functionalities to them on my platform. This is why I don't think we qualify as a public app that needs to go through the review but I've been told that if I don't go through that review then stores will not be able to activate the app. 

0 Likes
sirena
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you! That makes sense.

0 Likes