How to Fix a broken 404 link on shopify

MellekaAdmin
2 0 0

This link is broken and I need tips on how to fix it w out crashing the site or breaking up the coding. The first link ended up not being broken but I need help removing it from my semrush audit, and the second link is in fact broken. I contacted Shopify support and they recomended I ask you guys.

https://www.dogeared.com/collections/sale

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.33.39 PM.pngThe first link was fine and I need to know how to clear it from my SEMRUSH audit, and the second link is broken and I need help fixing the coding.The first link was fine and I need to know how to clear it from my SEMRUSH audit, and the second link is broken and I need help fixing the coding.

0 Likes
GrahamS
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
45 7 2

Hey @MellekaAdmin ,

Have you considered creating a URL redirect so that the existing URL no longer 404s? You can create 301 redirect either via the Admin Panel or via an API CALL to redirect that broken URL to your homepage (or anywhere else). This should be a quick way to address the issue without having to modify any existing code.

Graham S | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
MellekaAdmin
2 0 0
Excellent, that's a great idea! I'll give it a shot and see if it'll let
me. Thank you!
0 Likes