How to access or create Storefront token ?

Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hello! 

I am trying to access or create Shopify storefront access token. For that, I am following the Shopify documentation [LINK] and I followed the process as defined on doc but I am getting the error in response. 

{
    "errors": "App must have a channel record to create a storefront access token."
}

On the time of authentication, I also defined the unauthenticated scope as well. (unauthenticated_read_content, unauthenticated_write_customers, unauthenticated_write_checkouts, unauthenticated_read_product_listings) but still getting this error. 

asif|esketchers
1 Like
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Were you able to create an Storefront Access Token? I've been struggling with this and I've tried converting my App into a Sales Channel and I've included scopes for all of the unauthenticated endpoints but still 403'ing while trying to create a Storefront Access Token.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm getting the same error: 

App must have a channel record to create a storefront access token.

I am testing the API in postman and it is returning me this error. Can someone help with the resolution to this? 
0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 0

Did anyone find a solution to this? I think the app needs to show up in the sales channels for the store, but not sure how to get it in there as a test app.

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 0

Figured it out: Go to your dev app, click App Settings, go down to Sales Channel, and enable it there.  It will then become a sales channel as well and have a channel record.

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 0

Nevermind, I did all of that and my dev app is showing up as a sales channel but it's still returning the same error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 3 2

Same here, I enabled the app as a Sales Channel but also see this error.

0 Likes