How to attach Image thumbnails to Draft Order w/ custom line items?

Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4

Hi Everyone,

I am facing issue for adding thumbnail to the custom item created using draft order API and while searching for the solution I got following topic by @Ben_Hart :
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/How-to-attach-Image-thumbnails-to-Draft-Order-w-cu...

"I've created an app that uses the shopify draft order api to create a number of custom items based on interactions in the app, so that the customer can checkout their items using shopify.

I'd like to add image thumbnails to the items, ideally just by supplying a URL to the image file,  yet I can't seem to find a way to do this in the API reference.  (https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/orders/draftorder)

when Creating a draft order via API call using custom line items, rather than existing products, is there a way to add thumbnail images on those custom line items?"

This topic is posted on "09-19-2018" and till date there is no solution/reply posted on this topic.

When I contact to the shopify support, they says please post on community forum and our shopify experts will post solution there.

Now my question is "This is how we are going to get the solution?"

Please help here as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 287

At this time we do not support images being added to custom line items. Sorry we evidently didn't get to the prior thread at the time this was posted, otherwise your question might have been answered by now.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4

Thanks Alex for replying.

I would like to know if there any way to set thumbnail image on checkout page for Gold plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please fix this!   When making custom orders, it helps a lot.  Sometimes I have to use Etsy just so I can add the photo to the order / picklist, etc. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Alex, and still shopify doesn't support it. There is a question, is it hard to make, or there is an issue? in this case there might be such an option in the future. or there is no intention to have it?

0 Likes