How to cancel charges (on uninstall) for one-time fee apps?

ekuplu
13 0 0

Dear API community, 

I would appreciate your help on the following topic. We have built a one-time-charge app and submitted it. However, the review rejected, and when we asked the reasons we got an answer that I quoted below. We couldn't any details about how can we cancel the charges on uninstallation for one-time-charge apps. Does anyone have experience with this? Which API function can we use for this?

So regarding your app submission, I heard back from my team. They explained that even for the app to offer a one time charge, there still needs to be api attached to the app that will show an uninstalled and an charge cancellation applied to it. This is to make sure that there is no additional way for the app to attempt to charge the merchant once the app has been removed.

0 Likes
ekuplu
13 0 0

I just wanted to leave an update here in case somebody else faces this problem in the future. We have got in contact with Shopify Partner Support and they have been very helpful. Probably the comment of the reviewer (about asking to cancel payment orders while it is not a subscription) was done by mistake.

Shopify partner support only wanted us to make sure that we are not charging our clients again if they uninstall and re-installs the app. We have done the necessary updates and our app is in the market now. 

0 Likes