How to convert your regular app to Shopify POS?

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1188 104 288

I read the docs https://shopify.dev/docs/pos/getting-started and did some searching but couldn't find good documentation around this.

Can anyone please help with some info on how to make your existing Shopify app usable in POS?

The questions I have:

1) Do you just enable it and use your same app link, then available to merchants in POS? (and they go through the same install process of accepting charges and redirecting to the app?)

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.48.09 AM.jpg

2) Does the API work the same with POS and regular apps?

3) If we need to edit code for webhooks / API requests in our app, is there a way to determine if the user is on POS or store front?

4) Any pitfalls or gotchas to look out for when converting your app to be Shopify POS compatible?

Thanks, I haven't used Shopify POS so just going by what I've seen in the Shopify docs.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes