How to create subscriptions via Stripe

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello. 

I would like to have people to subscribe to some products I have, all I need is to send the card data to Stripe so it can handle the subscriptions. But I am not a developer and I don't have much knowledge about it. I have some questions: is it possible to do it with just a bit of help or is it something that requires a lot of programming? Do I need to use PHP or other languages in order to send the data to Stripe or is there any short liquid code I can use to fix it? I know there are apps out there, but I feel it's so little what I need that paying such prices isn't an option. 

It would be great to have some light over my issue, because I can't see any easy fix yet. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey Patrick,

Just wanted to let you know that you can use PayWhirl's Shopify subscription app (https://apps.shopify.com/paywhirl-recurring-payments) to do that with Stripe. It lets you setup unlimited payment plans by filling out a simple form and then you can display the subscription plan(s) to your customers in a widget and/or payment forms by adding a small snippet (copy/paste) into your site.

PayWhirl Recurring Payments

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey Patrick,

Just wanted to let you know that you can use PayWhirl's Shopify subscription app (https://apps.shopify.com/paywhirl-recurring-payments) to do that with Stripe. It lets you setup unlimited payment plans by filling out a simple form and then you can display the subscription plan(s) to your customers in a widget and/or payment forms by adding a small snippet (copy/paste) into your site.

PayWhirl Recurring Payments

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

What if I don't want to use third party app?

I have integrated stripe in shopify,  the payment is showing in stripe but I am not able to create customer with that payment method and giving error like "payment method has already been used, you can't use it again". So can u please tell me how the customer can be generated automatically in stripe as payment is completed Or is there any other option to create subscription in stripe??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

I have the same question. Stripe allows for subscriptions. How do we integrate Shopify and this Stripe functionality? There should be no need for a third-party app.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Completely agree here.  I have been using Stripe for years with my other businesses, creating a recurring payment/recharging is a FREE feature with Stripe as it allows you to capture the card details and charge against it for future orders etc.  I use it with my vehicle rental business,  any damage that may occur outside of the damage deposit or any additinal costs, I can recoup via Stripe dashboard by the click of a button. 

Why do we have to pay (yet again) for simple functionality which is already free with the merchant provider which Shopify already use to process transactions. 

This is the thing with Shopify, basic functionality is not there in most cases and it requires apps to make it all gel, apps which cost more and more and more and more..... 

Sort it out Shopify! 

1 Like