How to delete files when user uninstalls the app

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

I have created an app that can enable Coming soon tag for products at the store. Everything is working fine, but the problem occurs when a user uninstalls the app. Our file remains in the user's liquid file structure and even after deleting the app, a user can use all the app features as Files are still present in the liquid file structure. From past certain days, I am trying to figure this out but unfortunately not find any best way for doing this.

I tried to do this by using webhook API but when a user uninstalls the app, That very first moment the access token expires and without valid access token we can not fire Shopify's delete file API https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/online-store/asset#destroy-2020-01

Can anyone suggest the best way to delete inserted files from liquid file structure when a user uninstalls our app? (We tried the webhook api but once the access token expires, We can not code further.)

I am totally stuck and clueless regarding this issue.

If anyone can help with me that would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9852 98 1619

You don't get to keep your access scopes on app removal.

Even if you did, that won't help you when it comes to a theme export or simple theme or file duplication.

Instead of injecting or editing Liquid files perhaps look into using ScriptTags.

What does the app do?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello @Jason,

Thanks for your response.

Our app adds a script tag to products and creates the "Coming Soon" label on whichever products admin selects. I have used liquid asset API to insert and update some files of the liquid file structure. Apart from this, I am also having two more apps in which I want to delete our added files from Shopify theme structure whenever a user uninstalls our app, Otherwise, a user will delete our app but the access will remain to him until he deletes the files from his side.

Any better solution regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Jason, I'm also having the same scenario. I just want to remove my liquid file before / after installed my App. I want to remove programmatically not manually.. Please help me to do this.

Thanks In Advance,

Jayakumar

0 Likes